During our recent trip to Mexico, we discovered oh so many reasons why it is beneficial to plan a destination wedding! Aside from the knock-your-socks off scenic backdrops that many locations offer, here are some other reasons to plan your wedding (or let us do it!) away from home!
1. Avoiding “Local Stress” ~ Guests coming into town, their accommodations, family being involved, overwhelming yourself with entertaining out of town guests while prepping for your big day and the million questions that everyone will undoubtedly be calling you with because you live here! ~
2. Cost Savings ~ Did you know that with the right connections, you can get flowers for 50% less than what you would pay in the US in many destinations, such as Mexico? Another plus: some hotels will waive your site fees when you meet their room block minimums. Negotiating power is tremendous as well and in the slow seasons you can get amazing deals! ~
3. Multi-Day celebrations with your closest friends and family made easy ~ It’s easy to plan the entertainment for your friends and family in a destination locale – with so much to do, and hotels at the ready to assist – you can create an “experience” for your guests beginning upon their arrival and ending with a brunch before your honeymoon departure. From a spa days to scuba diving and historical tours, it’s all easily attainable! ~
4. Wedding to honeymoon transition ~ You may want to switch hotels to escape to your own private romantic location, but your wedding destination spot will likely be a great honeymoon spot as well! ~
5. Weather ~ The weather in most destination spots during March or November is much better that what we typically experience here in the US! This opens you up to more possibilities for your wedding date. It also allows you and your guests to enjoy the outdoor activities that everyone loves while taking in the incredible scenery. ~